QQI is grateful to the many front-line staff including guidance practitioners and to 32 clients, across Ireland in
- Warrenmount Community Education Centre, Dublin,
- Donegal Education and Training Board,
- Galway Roscommon Education and Training Board,
- Louth and Meath Education and Training Board, and
- Mayo Sligo Leitrim Education and Training Board
who contributed to VISKA learning by testing the EU Skills Profiling Tool, over January- February 2019. This unexpected field trial contributes to the data collection and research alongside colleagues working in Norway, Iceland and Belgium (Flanders). Nobody had used this digital skills-audit type tool previously; feedback, currently being analysed by CIT as the VISKA research partner, varied.
Liaising with Aontas, the National Learning Organisation and the National Centre for Guidance in Education (NCGE), the experience of using the tool was monitored with a view to extending consideration and impacts nationally over the coming period.